The Coalition for Education and Outreach (CEO) is a community of practice for educators and practitioners who work in science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM) education and outreach. We are based at UC Berkeley, but our members are from all over the Bay Area and beyond. Our mission is to facilitate professional development, advance best practices, and encourage the exchange of ideas, resources, and assistance among our members.
CEO was established in 2010.
Subscribe to the CEO listserv here.
CEO is chaired by Dan Zevin and Kate Spohr (co-chairs). The CEO Steering Committee provides feedback and advice to the co-chairs, helps co-chairs set priorities and goals for the year, and collaboratively plans and organizes CEO events.
CEO Steering Committee
- Monica Albe, Molecular & Cell Biology, UC Berkeley
- Teresa Barnett, Community Resources for Science
- Abigail Garcia, Pre-College TRIO Programs, UC Berkeley
- Rachel Henderson, Curriculum Writer/Consultant (life sciences)
- Lea Marlor, Center for Energy Efficient Electronics Science, Berkeley Engineering
- Kate Reid, Math for America, UC Berkeley
- Michael Sholinbeck, Sheldon Margen Public Health Library, UC Berkeley
- Lisa Trahan, Research Group, Lawrence Hall of Science
- Rachel Winheld, Science@Cal