The resources on this page are designed to help you plan, implement, and evaluate STEM education and public outreach programs. New resources are added regularly. If you have suggestions for tools, publications, or websites you find useful in your work, please contact webmaster and co-chair, Kate Spohr
- In response to the COVID emergency, CEO will present our lunchtime forums on Zoom until further notice. Zoom forums will be available on our CEO YouTube Channel.
- Portal to the Public Implementation Manual – a practical guide for preparing scientists for public engagement and connecting them with public audiences. The manual includes professional development activities and updates that reflect changes in the field over the last decade.
- Publications and Peer-reviewed Journals specializing in broader impacts, public engagement, community-engaged scholarship, university outreach, and service-learning.
- Digital Library Resources for E&O. This site provides a wealth of digital resources for STEM education and outreach, including databases for researching STEM education topics; community and educational databases (e.g., US Census Bureau); major daily newspapers and news sources; and internet search engines to access grey literature (i.e. government/NGO reports, technical reports, etc.). It also provides tips for smart searches, search strategies, and evaluating the quality of what you find. Created by UC Berkeley librarians Michael Sholinbeck and Margaret Phillips.
- NSF Broader Impacts. This site provides detailed information about NSF’s broader impacts criteria and expectations. It also provides links to resources to help proposers create high-quality broader impacts plans and activities. (Note: Access to this page requires a UC Berkeley ID).
- Resources for Common Sense Evaluation. This compact document, created especially for CEO by expert evaluators at Lawrence Hall of Science, covers evaluation methods, tips for working with an outside evaluator, resources for finding an evaluator, and budgeting for evaluation.
- Evaluation. This site, hosted by the Berkeley Research Development Office, provides guides, tools, and resources for evaluating the effectiveness educational programs and student outcomes. (Note: access to this page requires a UC Berkeley ID).